Now that you’re back home with your CBD supplements and products, you might be wondering for how long it would last on your shelf or when does CBD oil go bad? Well, if you’re a regular user then surely it’ll get empty before its time to take them off the shelf. If you’re not the one who uses it daily, then you should consider storing them in a place away from certain elements that fasten the degradation process in the products. The expiration date is usually about two years from the date when the product is manufactured, but it may slightly vary depending on the type of product.
It’s essential to store your products in a cool, dark, and dry place as the light and heat can cause CBD oil to deteriorate and it might lose its freshness and potency to a large extent. One of the greatest hacks is to wrap them in brown glass bottles to minimize exposure to light. When CBD oil is extracted from the seeds and stalks of hemp, its optimum freshness is reduced considerably. You can easily make out from that appearance and smell whether your CBD products have gone rancid or not.
If a liquid CBD oil supplement has started to deteriorate, it will appear more gloomy than before. You might also notice the clarity of the product has turned down from clear to hazy and bit muddy. The shelf life of CBD products depends on the quality and classification of the raw material that was used, to the packaging and storage of the final product.
Tip on how to preserve your CBD oil :
- While using tinctures, make sure you do not touch the tip of the dropper onto your tongue or mouth as it may transfer germs from your mouth into the hemp oil. Best is to empty the dose from the dropper to a clean spoon.
- It is advisable to store the CBD products at a temperature that does not surpass 70F degrees as extended exposure to high temperatures will result in the degradation of CBD and cause a reduction in its potency.
- Manufacturers say that CBD supplements should be kept in their original containers, in case you wish to transfer them, make sure the new container is capable of long-term storage.
- Places like kitchen cabinets, dry pantries, an office desk, drawer or a locker are a perfect place to store your CBD products.
- Not just heat but extreme cold may turn liquid extracts into solid form so that they’re hard to use.
- If you still have your product over two years now, it is advisable that you take it off the shelf, because the oil might have started to taste awful.
With just a minimal amount of care, you can be assured that all your CBD products would provide you with the highest quality experience with CBD hemp oil and a life full of good health and well being.